Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gym Star Ballerina

For my daughter's birthday this year I surprised her with gymnastics and ballet outfits for her and matching outfits for her doll.  Two mornings she woke to find Daisy, who sleeps in my daughter's bed each night, dressed in a new outfit and her outfit was wrapped and waiting for her. 

The first morning was the day before her birthday party and a gymnastics party for a friend of hers so she got the gym outfit that day.  I have since modified the top to remove the tie and sewed it shut so that it now pulls over, is easier for her to put on herself and we don't have to worry about it getting caught on any gym equipment.

Patterns are: Burda 9914 view A (but shortened) and view C for the gym outfit and Butterick 6660 views A and F for the ballet outfit.  The doll outfits I made my own patterns for based on the larger patterns for my daughter.

Web 128 Web 152

No comments:

Post a Comment